Asiago with pepper flakes.
This cheese originated from the Venetto region in Italy. Traditionally, it is made with cow’s milk or cow’s and goat’s milk that is mixed together. It is a semi hard cheese with a natural rind and a smooth and soft texture. Very flavorful due to the addition of pepper flakes mixed within the cheese.
Ingredients: Pasteurized cow’s milk, pepper flakes, salt, rennet
- Milk source: Pasteurized cow’s milk
- Type: Semi-hard
- Texture: Creamy and smooth
- Rind: Natural
- Flavor: Sharp spiced flavor from the pepper flakes
- Grate over pasta, soups, and salads.
- If eaten as is, best to pair it with fatty cured meats and a heavy bodied red wine.