Asiago with peppercorns
This cheese originated from the Venetto region in Italy. Traditionally, it is made with cow’s milk or cow’s and goat’s milk that is mixed together. It is a semi hard cheese with a natural rind and a smooth and soft texture. Very flavorful due to the addition of peppercorns mixed within the cheese.
Ingredients: Pasteurized cow’s milk, peppercorns, salt, rennet
- Milk source: Pasteurized cow’s milk
- Type: Semi-hard
- Texture: Creamy and smooth
- Rind: Natural
- Flavor: Sharp spiced flavor from the peppercorns
- Grate over pasta, soups, and salads.
- Slice and add it to sandwiches.
- If eaten as is, best to pair it with fatty cured meats and a heavy bodied red wine.