Fresh cheese made from mozzarella with a creamy center. It is a soft cheese that oozes out Stracciatella with cream when sliced in the middle. It has a rich buttery texture that has the taste of fresh milk and cream. With textures differing outside and inside, it is great to eat with bread, salads, tomatoes, and pasta.
This artisanal cheese was once made just to use up the scraps of mozzarella that the local cheese factories were discarding. They would make a pouch out of the mozzarella, fill it up with the scrap leftover mozzarella and add cream on top before tying a top knot to seal it.
Packed in a sealed bag with brine to ensure freshness.
Ingredients: Pasteurized cow’s milk, salt, rennet
- Milk source: Pasteurized cow’s milk
- Type: Fresh semi-soft
- Texture: Soft
- Rind: Rindless
- Flavor: Mild buttery with the taste of fresh milk and cream
- Serve as a salad with basil and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle aged balsamic on top of it as well.
- Great paired with basil, tomatoes, olive oil, and pesto.